After years of customers asking Walmart to bring back their layaway service, Walmart announced today that they will offer a Christmas layaway program for two of the season's most popular gift categories, electronics and toys. Available at stores nationwide, the program will kick off on October 17 and run through
December 16, 2011.
Layaway payments can be made at any register. Putting an item on layaway and picking up layaway orders is done at the Walmart.com counter in the majority of stores. Pick up hours are from 9am-9pm local time. Layaway orders and pick up will not be accepted on the day after Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday.
- Each Item must have a price of $15 or more
- Your total minimum layaway purchase has to be at least $50
- Make a 10% down payment on the total purchase
- Pay a one-time non-refundable $5 service fee
- Layaway items must be paid for and picked up by December 16,2011
- $10 Cancellation fee if order isn't picked up by December 16th or cancelled by that date (varies by state)
- Contract wireless phones are not eligible for layaway
For more information visit www.walmart.com/layaway
Watch the News Story below