Carnival lovers and revelers are gearing up for one of the most anticipated cultural Caribbean traditions, Miami Broward Carnival #MiamiCarnival onat the Miami Dade County Fair and Exposition (10901 SW 24th Street, Miami, Fl 33165). The gates open at and the parade starts at . Hosted and produced by the Miami Broward Carnival One Carnival Host Committee, this feast of cultural celebration showcases the vast diversity that is the Caribbean culture of Carnival with culinary delights indigenous to the Caribbean, melodious sounds of steel bands, and colorful and elaborate masquerade costumes. This year’s parade of masqueraders includes 19 bands that have been working all year on their portrayals and costume designs. #Miami Carnival was voted one of the top 100 events in South Florida by Bizbash.
The city’s warm weather, palm trees and melting pot of cultures truly makes Miami the ideal destination to host the annual #MiamiCarnival celebration. This year, Miami Carnival celebrates 31 years of carnival celebration and Antigua’s 60 years of Carnival. Carnival is a staple tradition of the Caribbean heritage that contributes to the arts, music, history and cultural identity of Caribbean and Caribbean-American people. Miami Broward Carnival is the last major North American event on the carnival circuit leading up to Trinidad and Tobago Carnival in 2016.
As a leading carrier in South Florida and with one-third of our network in Latin America and the Caribbean, we are delighted to support the Miami/Broward Carnival and this great display of Caribbean culture. We are all about connecting people to family and friends. We are excited to honor this annual tradition, said Nicole Tesser, Manager, Regional Marketing, JetBlue.
The #MiamiCarnival music stage will include energizing performances by some of today’s top heavy weight Soca artists. The star-studded line concert is headlined by Trinidad’s Queen of Bacchanal Destra and the Bakanal Band. Other live performances include: Xplosion Band, Dil-e-Nadan, Fadda Fox, Snakey, Menace, Laurena Davis, Claudette Peters, Rudy, Ricardo Drue, Julian Believe, Lyrikal, MC Wassy, and MC-Da Mighty Pencil. Notable DJs who will be behind the decks include: Dynasty, SoSo, 99 Jamz-DJ Waggy T, Renny, Supa Trackz, Choice-One, Rude-Deck, Barrie Hype.
Event: Miami Broward Carnival Kings/Queens/Individuals and Panorama
Location: Central Broward Regional Park (3700 NW 11th Pl, Lauderhill, FL 33311)
Admission: $15 advance tickets ((on-line & select South Florida retail outlets)
Event: Miami Broward Carnival Official J’Ouvert
Location: Central Broward Regional Park-3700 NW 11th Pl, Lauderhill, FL 33311
Admission: $20 advance tickets ((on-line & select South Florida retail outlets)
Event: Miami Broward Carnival Parade of Bands and Concert
Location: Miami-Dade Fairgrounds-10901 Southwest 24 Street, Miami, FL 33165
Admission: $27 online ((on-line & select South Florida retail outlets)
"Parade will be best viewed on the inside of the Fairgrounds. Advance tickets available online at miamibrowardcarnival.com”. For more information call 305-65301877.
Please follow Miami Broward Carnival on social media:
Official Website: www.miamibrowardcarnival.com
#MiamiCarnival #SoMiami #MiaBroJrCarnival #MiaBroCarnivalPanorama #MiamiVibes
Directions to Miami Dade County Fairgrounds
From Broward County West (Coral Springs, Sunrise, Pembroke Pines, Lauderhill, Miramar)
1. Take Sawgrass Expressway South to I-75 Or take I-595 West to I-75 South (or FL Turnpike South)
2. Take I-75 South to ramp (exit 8) to right to Florida's Turnpike South toward Miami/Homestead
3. Keep on Florida's turnpike South to EITHER SW 8 Street (Tamiami Trail) or SW 40 Street and go East
4. At SW 8 Street (Tamiami Trail) exit, Turn right onto US-41 East/ SW 8th Street, go to SW 107th Ave, make right, go to SW 24th Street/ Coral Way and make right and will Arrive at the Fairgrounds
5. At SW Bird Road 40th Street exit, make left and go east to SW 112th Ave, make left and head north to Fairgrounds
From North Miami, Miami Lakes or Miami Gardens
1. Take 826 South
2. Exit SW 24th Street, Coral Way, go West
3. Cross SW 107th Ave, the Fairgrounds will be on right
From East (Miami Beach or Downtown Miami)
1. Take I-95 (north or south) to 836 West
2. Take Exit ramp for 826 South
3. Exit SW 24th Street, Coral Way, go west
4. Cross SW 107th Ave, the Fairgrounds will be on right
From South (Homestead, Cutler Bay or Kendall)
1. Take Turnpike North or SW 117th Avenue north
2. Exit SW 40 Street (Bird Road)
3. Make right on Bird Road SW 40th Street and go to SW 112 Avenue, turn left onto SW 112 Avenue and continue to Fair entrance at SW 24 Street.